Physician-Directed Metabolic Conditioning -- In the case of risk reduction or disease reversal, we'll work with your personal physician to help you get the best possible treatment outcome. Regular exercise and proper nutrition work wonders for lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugars. Most patients are able to drastically reduce their medications and enjoy a higher quality of health and life within just a few short weeks. Our support services are implemented at a pace that works for you and at a price you can afford.
Therapeutic Fitness Training -- To achieve and maintain the "new you," we'll develop a complete program based on your long-term fitness needs. We'll help you track your progress and adjust your program to suit your medical-fitness goals. Most Med-Fit Clinics provide comprehensive services for as low as $99 per month.*
Therapeutic Nutrition Programs -- The benefits of developing an active lifestyle greatly depends on proper "fueling." Whether it's for improving a medical condition, losing weight, increasing energy, or just feeling better, we'll help you modify your eating habits and ensure you're getting all the nutrients you need. All Med-Fit Clinics promote whole-plant-foods for maximum results.
Personalized Exercise Prescriptions -- Research continues to confirm that the benefits of regular exercise is best obtained through frequent, short bouts of basic physical activity. We'll determine your weekly needs and break it down into a dosage regimen that's fun and easy for you to do anywhere, anytime. Most Med-Fit Clinics provide Med-Fit Assessments (including an Exercise Rx) for only $25.*
Medical-Fitness Assessments -- First, we'll measure your weight and body composition. Then, will test your fitness in terms of cardiovascular endurance and muscular stamina. You'll get a Med-Fit Score as a measurement of your functional capacity. Repeat Assessments are generally recommended every 1-3 moths (up to 1 year, then annually) to document your improvements and up-date your Exercise Rx.
- Biometrics: First, your Sports Medicine Technician will determine your Body Mass Index (BMI) and measure your Waist Circumference to determine your health risk related to your weight or body composition.
- Fitness Tests: Next, you'll perform a set of simple exercises to determine your level of functional fitness. The set of exercises will be based on your health status. Your fitness tests will be challenging, but not too demanding.
- Goal Setting: Then your Sports Medicine Technician will explain your Med-Fit Scores and guide you in setting some realistic fitness goals, including some practical ways for achieving them.
- Exercise Rx: Your Sports Medicine Technician will give you a personalized, therapeutic exercise prescription based on your test results and fitness goals. Your Exercise Rx will be very "do-able" for you, yet effective in getting you the results you want.
- Fitness Training: Finally, your Sports Medicine Technician will instruct you on how to do your prescribed exercises. These include basic body movements that will be safe and easy for you to do on your own -- any time, any where.
- Getting a Follow-Up Med-Fit Assessment every 1-3 months will track your progress and keep you motivated. Your Sports Medicine Technician will determine your current Med-Fit Score and up-date your Exercise Rx accordingly.
Additional Fitness Training (optional)
- If you want some added support, most Med-Fit Clinics are hosted by local fitness gyms that offer a variety of discounted fitness training services exclusively for their Med-Fit clients. Ask your Sports Medicine Technician for details.